Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Oshkosh B'gosh

Eisley received this pair of OshKosh B'Gosh overalls in a box of handmedowns:

I swear that company makes the exact same clothes it used to make when I was a baby. 
And they're still adorable!



Today my friend Laura had to run and pick up a contact subscription and asked if I could watch her twins for half an hour while she brought her oldest along with her, since I live only 2 minutes away from them. The twins aren't crawling or walking yet, so they sat on the floor across from each other the whole time and played with various toys. I didn't want them to get jealous of Eisley being held while they weren't because then I'd have three crying babies on my hands so I set Eisley in an exersaucer, kind of like this one:


(not my baby)

I don't know what I was expecting, but she LOVED it! And she actually used it the way it is supposed to be used. She stood up the whole time and examined the toys carefully in front of her. Instead of just mindlessly grabbing at objects, she was consciously manipulating them. And one she figured out the seat turned in a circle, she went from toy to toy, examining each one before turning and examining the next one. She moved the trains back and forth along the track, she spun the cylinder full of beads, she stared mesmerized at the snow globe, she slid rings across an arch. Her hands no longer have a mind of their own; they're starting to be controlled by her little baby brain! :-D She looked so big and important turning herself around in that thing to explore the toys around her. If my apartment weren't already packed, I'd consider getting her an exersaucer. But she already has a swing, a bouncer, a bumbo, a play mat...etc. so I think I'll just save it for when she visits her "friends." 


The few times that Eisley was facing in our direction, she was fairly interactive with the other babies. Bianca looked at her and bounced her arms excitedly and Eisley gave her a huge smile and a giggle. When the twins started babbling, Eisley joined right in. It was the cutest thing ever. Since I don't have pictures of that, here's another one of her with her dog:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...